June 23, 2022
Buying a new construction home, regardless of whether it’s your very first home or the dream home you’ve been working a lifetime for, is obviously one of the most significant decisions anyone will ever make. In addition to location, surrounding amenities, and access to work and travel, choosing a floorplan that will suit your needs now and into the future is something that needs to be thought out well in advance. At Sortino Properties, our goal is to help those moving to the Rochester, NY area find the perfect forever home.
From townhouses and single-family homes, to completely customized new residential construction, there are many factors that must be taken into consideration before construction begins. Here are just a few things to keep in mind as you decide on a floorplan that suits your needs in both the immediate and long-term:
- If you’re a new family, consider the maximum number of bedrooms you’ll need
- Is there a possible scenario where family members could end up living with you?
- In terms of bathrooms, how important is having a full bathroom on the lower level?
- How long do you intend to stay in your home, a few years or beyond retirement?
- Are you seeking something with an open concept or more traditional design?
- Is it important to have areas like laundry, offices, or playrooms on certain levels?
Of course, the aforementioned represents only a sampling of the many important considerations that go into choosing a floorplan that suits your family and lifestyle. Many of these go overlooked, and that’s why we, at Sortino Properties, take as much time as needed to work with our clients as they start planning the details of their new home. For more information on what to look for in a new construction floorplan, get in touch with our staff and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Sortino Properties is located at 2015 Maiden Lane in Rochester and can be reached by phone at 585-225-7000 during regular hours, or via email any time day or night by visiting our secured contact page.