Regardless of whether you’re a first time home buyer or well-versed in the process, choosing the perfect place to call home is a decision that will ultimately affect the way you live for many years to come. And like so many others, the question of whether to purchase a townhouse or single family home is one that often comes up. At Sortino Properties in Rochester, NY we understand what a significant decision this truly is, and thought it would be helpful to review some of the most important considerations associated with choosing between single family and multi-dwelling homes.
Here are just a sampling of the key questions to ask when determining which type of home is best suited for the needs of you and your family. For more information or details on new properties in the Rochester area, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help however we can.
- What is your realistic budget, including mortgage, down payment, tax and others?
- Are you single, a couple or a family? Will that change in the immediate future?
- For single family homes, are you considering a community or secluded lot of land?
- Do you have specific requirements for local schools, commerce, places of worship?
- How long do you plan to stay in the home you’re considering for purchase?
- Do you have a louder household or any objections to noise from close neighbors?
For more information on how to choose the best new housing type based on your unique plans and lifestyle, or for current listings of our newest Rochester, NY home listings, get in touch with Sortino Properties today. We can be reached by phone anytime during normal office hours by calling 585-225-7000, or drop us a line via email through our website’s quick contact form.