October 4, 2021
Whether you’re shopping for new construction homes in the Rochester area, or elsewhere in the state of New York, choosing an exterior color scheme is one of the most important decisions you’ll make during the process. Keep in mind, each builder is different when it comes to exterior color selections. Some work from rather limited catalogs, while others offer the freedom to choose virtually any color combination you desire. Regardless of which scenario best describes your new home, there are some things to consider before rushing into something you might regret down the road.
At Sortino Properties, we’ve worked with countless home buyers over the years who were, like many, a bit unsure of which exterior color to commit to. If you’ve found yourself in a similar situation, here are a few things to be mindful of when the time comes to choose the exterior colors of your new home.
- Consider not only the dominant color, but colors for accenting and adding depth
- If you’re considering a fad color or personal favorite, think about future resale
- Will the colors you choose now still be appealing to you 5 or 10 years from now?
- Neutral accents and wood tones will enhance the appearance of vibrant colors
- Do you want your home’s exterior color motif to match what you’ve done inside?
- When considering exteriors, how much attention do you want the home to attract?
As one of Rochester, NY’s most trusted and well-established new home builders, we’re committed to helping buyers make decisions that they’ll be happy with on move-in day, as well as in the years to come. For more information on how to select the perfect exterior colors for your new house, or to learn about our available properties and custom building services, get in touch with Sortino Properties and we’ll be happy to help.
Sortino Properties is located in Rochester and serves the needs of home buyers throughout all of Western NY. Give us a call at 585-225-7000 to learn more, or send your questions via email through our website’s contact page.