August 17, 2022
One of the most frequently-debated topics among those who are buying a home, especially for those who are buying their very first home, is whether or not to choose a townhouse or a single family household. It goes without saying that this is a monumental decision, and even if you’re 90% sure on which type of dwelling you want, it can be very helpful to consider all aspects involved. Some may seem obvious, while others may represent issues that you’re pondering for the first time. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most pressing.
At Sortino Properties in Rochester, one of our foremost goals is to help homebuyers make the best decision based on their immediate and long-term needs. Here are some of the most important things to consider if you’re in the market for a new home and still contemplating which type of property will best suit your needs:
- If privacy ranks high on your list, a townhome might not be the best option
- Single-family homes are ideal for those sensitive to loud neighbors or noise
- Are you planning on having a family? Will you need a big backyard, patio, etc.?
- Be sure to consider your realistic budget, including property taxes and HOA fees
- Townhomes are very popular among first-time buyers, retirees, and couples
- Additions, unique exterior colors, and outdoor structures require HOA-approval
We would be remiss to not mention that the aforementioned list is far from complete, and there are many other considerations that new home buyers should research and familiarize themselves with well in advance of making an offer. If you’re in the Rochester, NY area and would like to know more about how to choose the best type of home for your needs, the experts at Sortino Properties are here and ready to help.
Sortino Properties is located at 2015 Maiden Lane in Rochester and can be reached by phone at 585-225-7000 during regular hours, or write to us any time day or night via email by visiting our secured contact page.